Today I’m going to post something I usually wouldn’t post on social media. A transformation.
The above photo is from 2011/2017. Now I wish there was some major weight loss transformation to show you but there isn’t.
- Just left uni
- Struggling to find work, not sure what I wanted to do
- Felt ugly, fat and unhappy with myself and my appearance
- Struggling to find my place in life and felt like I wasn’t good enough and constantly felt like the world was against me.
I was about to face some of the toughest years in my life soon after this photo. I spiraled into depression and anxiety. For more info on that please see my mental health post.
- More confident (not 100% there yet)
- Love myself (again, not 100% there, we all have shit days)
- Stronger, fitter, faster
- Earning good money, focused more positively on a career and work orientated goals
- Making and smashing goals constantly
- Has performed in Aerial shows, and competed in Races
I am a lot happier but I am constantly working to improve my physical and mental health.
- Had been dancing every day at uni
- Was on the pill, binged heavily every time I got upset
- Not sure of exact weight but around this time I was approximately 12+ stone.
- Running for a year and a half
- Aerial on and off for 3 + years
- Eat whatever I like but don’t control my emotions solely on food anymore.
- Has a better relationship with food
- Approximately 10 stone.
I look at the person on the left and just feel sorry for her, in both pictures although I’m smiling I wasn’t very happy and the worse was yet to come. Six years between each picture and so much has happened, I’ve grown up so much and changed in so many positive ways. Anyone who knew me in 2011 may have known I wasn’t the nicest person to myself or to others, I regret some of the decisions I made back then. Now I am thankful I’ve lived through everything and grown as a person. I have been on the biggest roller coaster with my mental and physical health, after the lows it’s been really hard to feel comfortable in my own skin and around other people. Having scars, stretch marks and then feeling fat and ugly I thought I was unworthy of ever being loved or even liked by other people, I realised that this was a mindset I needed to get away from and started making positive steps to love myself and change the way I appreciated my own body. Soon enough I started feeling the love from other people and I realised that things weren’t as bad as I felt like they once were.
I can’t explain exactly how these changes were made, you find what works for you and stick with it. It’s not easy, you need to constantly adjust and adapt and put yourself first in order to get the results you want. For me it was a long hard road with many up and downs. Now I am always adjusting what works for me to maintain and grow.
Bonus picture update: